|Title:||A Peer-to-Peer Large-scale Collaboration Network|
|Supervisor:||Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller|
|Committee:||Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller, NN|
|Funding:||University of Zurich, IFI|
PhD project description
The aim of the PhD thesis is the development and analysis of a fully decentralized large-scale collaboration network. Collaboration networks require new algorithms to provide decentralized control and deal with misbehaving peers. Thus, the network is designed to be robust, scalable, and to provide incentive schemes against malicious peers and resource over usage. Key aspects to take into account in those algorithms are resource trading and human interaction, such as reviewing and voting. An example application of such a network enables storage, search, retrieval, and manipulation of documents in a large network. Control mechanisms, such as reviewing and voting for or against modified documents by other peers identify and exclude misbehaving peers.
The following four key topic are addressed in this thesis:
- Incentive schemes for P2P collaboration networks
- Similarity search algorithm for searching documents
- Decentralized voting algorithms
- Extending existing P2P storage with incentive schemes, similarity searches and decentralized voting.
- Thomas Bocek, Yehia El-khatib, Fabio Victora Hecht, David Hausheer, Burkhard Stiller: CompactPSH: An Efficient Transitive TFT Incentive Scheme for Peer-to-Peer Networks. 34th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN 2009), , Zurich, Switzerland, October 2009
- Thomas Bocek, Dalibor Peric, Fabio Hecht, David Hausheer, Burkhard Stiller: PeerVote: A Decentralized Voting Mechanism for P2P Collaboration Systems. 3rd ACM/IFIP International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2009), Springer, Twente, The Netherlands, July 2009.
- Thomas Bocek, Burkhard Stiller: PeerCollaboration. 3nd International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2009), Springer, Twente, The Netherlands, July 2009.
- Thomas Bocek, Fabio Victora Hecht, David Hausheer, Dalibor Peric, Burkhard Stiller: Incentives for Voting-based Quality Control and Document Storage in P2P Collaboration Systems. 18th IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE 2009), pages 1-2, Groningen, The Netherlands, June 2009.
- Thomas Bocek, Fabio Victora Hecht, David Hausheer, Ela Hunt, Burkhard Stiller: Mobile P2P Fast Similarity Search. 6th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC 2009), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, January 2009
- Thomas Bocek, Wang Kun, Fabio Victora Hecht, David Hausheer, and Burkhard Stiller: PSH: A Private and Shared History-based Incentive Mechanism. 2nd ACM/IFIP International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2008), Springer LNCS, pages 15-27, Bremen, Germany, July 2008.
- Thomas Bocek, Ela Hunt, David Hausheer, Burkhard Stiller: Fast Similarity Search in Peer-to-Peer Networks. 11th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2008), Salvador, Brazil, April 2008.
- Thomas Bocek, Mike Shann, David Hausheer, Burkhard Stiller: Game Theoretical Analysis of Incentives for Large-scale, Fully Decentralized Collaboration Networks. Fifth International Workshop on Hot Topics in Peer-to-Peer Systems, Miami, Florida, USA, April 2008
- Thomas Bocek, Burkhard Stiller: Peer-to-Peer Large-scale Collaborative Storage Networks. AIMS 2007 / Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (Student Paper), pages 1-4, Oslo, Norway, June 2007.
- Thomas Bocek, David Hausheer, Reinhard Riedl, Burkhard Stiller: Introducing CPU Time as a Scarce Resource in P2P Systems to Achieve Fair Use in a Distributed DNS. 9th IEEE Global Internet Symposium 2006, pages 1-6, Barcelona, Spain, April 2006.
- [_URL_ Homepage] of Thomas Bocek
- Publications of Thomas Bocek, as indexed by DBLP