From SimpleWikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article presents a summary of research groups at universities and other institutes (many inside Europe) which focus on Network Management research and Network Management software development:
- COMSOC The IEEE Communications Society
- The CNOM Web - Committee on Network Operation and Management.
Research groups of the IRTF
- Network management - The Network Management Research Group (NMRG) provides a forum for researchers to explore new technologies for the management of the Internet. In particular, the NMRG will work on solutions for problems that are not yet considered well understood enough for engineering work within the IETF.
- Services management - This group investigates frameworks that are able to support a rich variety of resources while also encompassing the existing solutions to make use of the installed base. For instance, a goal would be to be able to manage a PDA, a desktop PC, a firewall router, and an enterprise's electronic mail service within the same framework and preferably with the same tool(s).
- Bell Laboratories - The goal of the Network and Service Management (NSM) research department at Bell Labs is to provide conceptual clarity to the structure of network management problems and build next generation NSM tools.
|DE||Technical University of Aachen||Communication and distributed systems|
|GR||National Technical University of Athens||The Network Management and Optimal Design Laboratory|
|GR||National Technical University of Athens||The Telecommunications Laboratory|
|IL||Hebrew University Jarusalem||Distributed System and Network Management|
|DE||University of Munich (LMU)||Munich Network Management Team|
|DE||Technical University Braunschweig||Distributed Systems and Network Management|
|USA||University of Buffalo||Network Management Site|
|USA||Columbia University||Distributed Computing and Communications|
|DE||University of Hagen||Verteilte Systeme|
|FR||INRIA - Nancy||Olivier Festor - MADYNES|
|DE||University of Karlsruhe||Cooperation and management|
|SW||Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne||The Telecommunications Services Group|
|UK||University College London||The OSIMIS Project|
|ES||Technical University of Madrid||The Department of Telematic Systems Engineering|
|DE||Technical University of Munich||The WIssensbasiertes Lan-MAnagement Group|
|CA||Carleton University Ottawa||The Network management Lab|
|UK||University of Surrey||Networks Research Group|
|NL||University of Twente||DACS - Design and Analysis of Communication Systems|
|USA||University of Delaware||Network Management Laboratory|