|Title:||Self-managed Resources in Network Virtualisation Environments|
|Affiliation:||Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya|
|Supervisor:||Prof. Joan Serrat and Dr. Juan-Luis Gorricho|
|Funding:||Government of Spain|
Rashid graduated from Makerere University (Kampala, Uganda) with a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering. He is currently a PhD Candidate in the department of Signal Theory and Communications at the Technical University of Catalonia (Barcelona, Spain); where he is also a member in the Research group Management, Pricing and Services in Next Generation Networks (MAPS).
His research interests are in the management of networks and services for the future Internet. Current focus is on resource management in network virtualisation environments. Medium term focus will be on SDN-based network virtualisation and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV).
- Rashid Mijumbi, Juan-Luis Gorricho, Joan Serrat, Maxim Claeys, Jeroen Famaey, Filip De Turck, Neural Network-based Autonomous Allocation of Resources in Virtual Networks, European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), 2014, Bologna, Italy. Accepted, April 2014.
- Rashid Mijumbi, Juan-Luis Gorricho, Joan Serrat, Contributions to Efficient Resource Management in Virtual Networks, 8th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS), June 30 - July 3, 2014, Brno, Czech Republic. Accepted, March 2014.
- Rashid Mijumbi, Juan-Luis Gorricho, Joan Serrat, Maxim Claeys, Steven Latre, Filip De Turck, Design and Evaluation of Learning Algorithms for Dynamic Resource Management in Virtual Networks, IEEE/IFIP Networks Operations and Management Symposium, (NOMS), 2014. Best Student Paper Award.
- Rashid Mijumbi, Joan Serrat and Juan Luis Gorricho, Learning Algorithms for Dynamic Resource Allocation in Virtualised Networks, Management of Large Scale Virtualized Infrastructures: Smart Data Acquisition, Analysis and Network and Service Management in the Future Internet.
- Rashid Mijumbi, Joan Serrat and Juan Luis Gorricho, Multi-Agent Based Resource Allocation in Next Generation Virtual Networks, Proceedings of the 2012 Barcelona Forum on Ph.D. Research in Communication and Information Technologies. October, 2012.
- Rashid Mijumbi, Joan Serrat and Juan Luis Gorricho, Autonomic Resource Management in Virtual Network, Scalable and Adaptive Internet Solutions (SAIL) Summer School Work in Progress Session, Santander, Cantabria. June 2012. Best Work in Progress Award.