IJNM: proposing a special issue
Proposals to organize a special issue for the International Journal of Network Management (IJNM) should be submitted by email to the associate editor: Aiko Pras, with a Cc to the editor in chief: James Hong.
Each proposal should include:
- Proposed title of the issue
- Name of guest editor and one or two co-editor(s)
- Contact information, positions, and affiliations
- Previous experiences in organizing special issues / conferences in the area of network management
- A draft version of the Call for Papers
- A description on how the Call for Papers will be distributed. What mailing-lists do you expect to use?
- An indication of the number of expected papers and where they will come from
- A description of the review process and the acceptance criteria
- A list of potential reviewers. Note: you should expect a substantial number to decline, for whatever reason. Therefore make sure you have sufficient alternatives
- A tentative timetable (see below)
X: CFP announced on IJNM webpage and start of multiple rounds of
announcements to various mailinglists by the guest editors
X+4: Announced deadline for paper submissions X+5: Assignment of reviewers finalized (including possibly 2 weeks deadline extension if needed) X+7: Reviews received and author notification by the guest editors X+10: Camera ready received (after possible major revision) + editorial submitted
by guest editors to AEiC
X+12: Publication in IJNM issue (6 issues/year in odd numbered months)
It is essential to have a thorough review process, with (at least) 3 independent reviewers per paper. Papers coming from the organizers should be avoided. The guest editors are expected to write an editorial, however.
- Special Issue on Economic Traffic Management
- Special Issue on Managing Self-Organizing Radio Access Networks
- Special Issue on Management and Security technologies for Cloud Computing
- Special Issue on Measure, Detect and Mitigate – Challenges and Trends in Network Security
- Special Issue on Advances in Management of Multimedia Services