IJNM: proposing a special issue
Proposals to organize a special issue for the International Journal of Network Management (IJNM) should be submitted by email to the associate editor: Aiko Pras, with a Cc to the editor in chief James Hong.
Each proposal should include:
- Proposed title of the issue
- Name of guest editor and one or two co-editor(s)
- Contact information, positions, and affiliations
- Previous experiences in organizing special issues / conferences in the area of network management
- A draft version of the Call for Papers
- An indication of the number of expected papers and where they will come from
- A description of the review process and the expected acceptance criteria ?
- A list of potential reviewers
- A tentative timetable
Regarding planning, the following can be used as a rough indication (in months):
- X: CFP announced
- X+4: Announced deadline for submission
- X+5: Selection of reviewers (expect 50% to decline, for whatever reason)
- X+8: Reviews received
- X+10: Camera ready received (after possible major revision)
- X+14: Final publication ready
IJNM is published 6 times each year, but the last issue of the year will not be used for special issues.
Note that it is essential to have a thorough review process, with 3 independent reviewers per paper. Papers coming from the organizers should be avoided. The guest editors are expected to write an editorial, however.