|Title:||Network Management Using Web Services|
PhD project description
This project will investigate on the potential of XML-based approaches and in particular Web Services to become the future unifying management technology across both the Internet and Telecommunications management domains. This project will explore issues like the design and implementation of a scalable and flexible monitoring system with mechanisms such as scoping and filtering for efficient selective or bulk information retrieval using real case monitoring scenarios based on the TEQUILA architecture . Event Reporting issues will also be investigated as the means to make the monitoring process more scalable and powerful and also to provide functional components of a network management architecture with a consistent view of the network. Scalability issues of configuration management may also be investigated. The goal of this project is the deployment of a minimal framework to assess the performance of WS for network Management and to investigate their applicability in solving a variety of problems. Our key objectives for this project are:
- Examine XML-based technologies and in particular WS as the key unifying technology for a new framework.
- Investigate approaches and mechanisms to solve a variety of management problems.
- Scoping and filtering for efficient selective or bulk information retrieval to facilitate low cost and efficient monitoring.
- Powerful and scalable event management to assist a monitoring system achieve scalability requirements and also provide a network management architecture with a consistent view of the network.
- Configuration support scalability issues
- Evaluate the performance and scalability of every solution to the above problems
- Publicise project results through talks and papers in leading international conferences and journals
- A. Chourmouziadis, M. Charalambides, G. Pavlou, On the Performance and Scalability of Web Services for Monitoring MPLS-based Networks, to appear in the Journal of Network and System Management (JNSM), Springer, 2009.
- A. Chourmouziadis, O.F. Gonzalez-Duque, G. Pavlou, Experiences in Using MUWS for Scalable Distributed Monitoring, Proceedings of the IEEE/IFIP Integrated Management mini-Conference (mini-IM'2009), New York, USA, IEEE, June 2009.
- A. Chourmouziadis, G. Pavlou, An Evaluation of WS Tools to Address Efficient Informa-tion Retrieval for Network Management, Proc. of the 8th International Symposium on Computer Networks (ISCN'2008), Istanbul, Turkey, June 2008.
- A. Chourmouziadis, G. Pavlou, Web Services Monitoring: An Initial Case Study on the Tools Perspective, Poster, Proc. of the IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS'2008), Salvador, Brasil, IEEE, April 2008.
- A. Chourmouziadis, G. Pavlou, Efficient Web Services Event Reporting and Notifications by Task Delegation, Proc. of IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management (DSOM'2007), San Jose, California, USA, October 2007.
- A. Chourmouziadis, G. Pavlou, Efficient Information Retrieval in Network Management Using Web Services, Proc. of IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management (DSOM'2006), Dublin, Ireland, pp. 1-12, Springer, October 2006.
- [_URL_ Homepage] of Aimilios Chourmouziadis
- Publications of Aimilios Chourmouziadis, as indexed by DBLP